structures & demergers
Put a sensible business structure
in place that keeps your options open
We are the UK’s pre-eminent firm in biotech company structuring and we are involved
in multiple discussions of this kind. We take a practical approach to the consideration of the tax and operational
issues and also have an unparalleled understanding of the tax valuation of biotech assets, as this underpins how
easy or complex some structures are to put in place.
Watch our company structuring and demergers video or read more about what we offer below.
Corporate structuring continued...
A robust company structure affords your company the flexibility to maximise future opportunities, for the benefit of both your investors and employees.
We usually approach this type of company structuring exercise by comparing the three broad types of structure:
- Base case – single company, no change
- Parent and subsidiaries
- Sister companies, each directly held by the investors
The next stage is to produce a paper that will consider the following issues, among others:
- Ability to use each of the above structures in the event of a sale of particular assets, synthetic sales or build to buy arrangements
- How cash is invested in the structure and returned to investors
- Impact on UK tax incentives, such as R&D tax credits and patent box
- Tax efficient employee equity incentives
- Ease and cost of implementation and operation
- Other tax implications
Do get in touch to discuss your company structure and the options you have as a biotech or tech company.
Registered office: 1010 Cambourne Business Park, Cambourne, Cambridge CB23 6DW, UK
+44 (0) 7855 502917
Confluence Tax is a trading name of Frazier & Deeter UK LLP, a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with company number OC425491. Registered office c/o Mishcon de Reya, Africa House, 70 Kingsway, London WC2B 6AH, UK